Thursday, June 26, 2008

Changents.com

I just found some videos on YouTube about this project called "The Big Green Bus". You can check it out at: thebiggreenbus.org. College students from Dartmouth built a bus that runs entirely on vegetable oil. They collect this oil from dumpsters, garbage, or just random stuff that people leave behind. They have a pump and a filter that filters through all the big stuff and takes the liquid directly to the tank that the bus runs on. Its pretty amazing and they travel all over the U.S. for three months making stops in most states to spread the word on how to save the environment. I found myself wishing I was a part of something like this. This is definitely something I would want to do for a summer, you get the best of everything, hanging with people you care about all summer, traveling to different places, meeting new people, and constantly having adventures, all for an amazing cause. So i found a website called changents.com, and I am definitely going to partner up there and find something that I can do to help people. I really want to make a change, not only in my life, but in others as well. I feel that I have been through enough that i can help people who are going through some of the things that I went through in my past. I want to reach out and get involved in different organizations and help make a difference in people's lives who need it. I am tired of sitting home and just hanging out, I want to be out and experience the world. And there is no better time than now to do that.


Links:

thebiggreenbus.org
changents.com
earthkeepers.com

No comments: