Monday, June 16, 2008

In Between Dreams

There can never be too many smiles,
The road of life lasts for miles,
So make the most of it and live it all up,
Take another swig from that happiness cup.

I am confused about what I want in my life,
I am confused about whether or not I want a wife.
I have been waiting for something spectacular to happen,
Like a clock that is ticking and tocking.

I have always wanted to be a teacher,
To change the lives of children everywhere.
But I cannot seem to get to where I want to be,
To many obstacles trying to prevent me.

I want to break free from these chains and start my life,
I want to drop everything and move away from the pain and strife.
I want to squeeze the dreams out of every person and make some dream juice,
Its refreshing in the morning and gives me clues to my own.

Finding my path has taken much longer than expected,
I tried to be successful but instead i just pretended.
So now i am back to where I was when I was just a teen,
Caught somewhere in the middle and in between dreams.

No comments: